Section 1: Introduction
We want you to feel secure when using the website and associated services. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Below we give an overview of how we do that.
This Policy explains:
- the types of personal information that we collect or receive from companies
that we work for, and what we do with that information;
- when and why we will share personal information with other organisations;
- the measures that we take to protect your data; and
your rights and choices when it comes to your personal information.
Please note that the types of personal information that we collect and receive, and the way that we use and share that data, will depend on how you interact with Hootvox.
- Reviews / Patient Feedback – this is where you provide a review or other content relating to your experience in response to an email or text message that we send on behalf of one of the companies that we work for.
Please also note that our website and emails may contain links to other websites operated by other organisations that have their own privacy policies. Please make sure you read their terms and conditions and privacy policies carefully before providing any personal information on their websites and mobile apps, as we cannot be responsible for the way that they deal with your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the way that Hootvox collects and uses your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at Grunjy Coth, Gilly Gabben, Mawgan, Cornwall TR12 6BB.
Section 2: The types of personal information that we collect or receive, what we do with the information, and how long we keep it.
We process all your personal information in accordance with local data protection and privacy laws.
Companies ask us to collect and display users feedback on their behalf about services that their customers have used or purchased from them. We do this by sending their customers an email on behalf of the company with a request that the customer completes a questionnaire about the service that they have bought, or provides a description of their experience of the service and dealing with the company.
In order for us to be able to send these emails on behalf of the company, the company will provide us with the email addresses, mobile phone number, post code and names of those of their customers for whom they legally are allowed to have us contact them. The company does not provide us with any other personal information, so for example we never receive the customers’ full addresses or personal payment details such as credit card numbers.
We delete all the personal information that we hold about you (that is, email addresses, phone number, post code and first names) from our database as follows:
1. If you choose not to complete a questionnaire about the product or service, we delete your personal information within 60 days of the date that we emailed you.
2. If you provide your opinion and/or other content in response to the questionnaire, we delete your personal information within 3 years of the date that the content was submitted.
Section 3: When and why we share your personal information with other organisations
All the data that we collect, including your encrypted personal information, is stored on our behalf by TSOHOST, a global cloud storage provider.
We use Emailcenter, a third party email service provider, to send our emails. Emailcenter are required to delete all email addresses from their system within 14 days after the emails have been sent.
We may from time to time share your personal information with other third party services providers, but we will always ensure that all third parties with whom we share your personal information have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal information, and that they comply with all applicable data protection laws.
We may disclose your personal information to any relevant authority if we are required to do so by law, or if we think the disclosure is appropriate. We may also disclose your personal information in connection with actual or potential legal proceedings: (a) if we are required to do so by law; or (b) if such disclosures may potentially reduce our liability; or (c) to enforce our rights.
Section 5: How we protect your information
- Anonymisation and encryption: When we store, transmit and otherwise process your personal information such as email addresses and mobile phone numbers, we make extensive efforts to protect that information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction and to make sure that anyone with whom we share your personal information do the same. These steps include the use of firewalls, network-layer encryption such as SSL and dedicated monitoring systems. We also limit access to personal information to only those employees who we believe reasonably need to have access to that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- No guarantee: No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- Notification: If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Section 6: Your rights and choices when it comes to your personal information
This section deals with your rights in relation to personal information that we hold as the data controller. As explained in Section 2 above, where we have received your information from a company that we work for then that company will be the data controller and you should contact them directly if you have any questions or concerns about the way that your personal information is being used.
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent to our holding your personal information at any time by clicking the opt out/unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the emails you've received from us, or by telling us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Grunjy Coth, Gilly Gabben, Mawgan, Cornwall TR12 6BB. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Telling us that your personal information is incorrect
If you think that any information we have about you is wrong, incomplete or out of date, then you have the right to request that we look into and, if necessary, rectify it. If you want to do this, please contact us on email@example.com or write to us at Grunjy Coth, Gilly Gabben, Mawgan, Cornwall TR12 6BB.
How to get a copy of your personal information
If you want a copy of all the personal information that we have you about you, then you can ask us to provide this on firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Grunjy Coth, Gilly Gabben, Mawgan, Cornwall TR12 6BB.
You can also get a copy of certain personal information as a digital file, so you can keep and use it yourself, and give it to other organisations if you want to. Again, please contact us on email@example.com or by writing to us at Grunjy Coth, Gilly Gabben, Mawgan, Cornwall TR12 6BB.
Right to object
You can object to us keeping or using your personal information (known as the ‘right to object’) if:
- The information is not accurate
- The information has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it
- The information is not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims
- You have already asked us to stop using your information but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep on using it.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Grunjy Coth, Gilly Gabben, Mawgan, Cornwall TR12 6BB. if you would like to object to us keeping or using your personal information.
Right to restrict processing of personal information
You can request us to restrict processing your personal information if you believe that:
- Any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate
- We no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided, but you require the information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- We are not using your information in a lawful manner.
If you would like us to restrict the processing of your personal information, then please contact us on email@example.com or write to us at Grunjy Coth, Gilly Gabben, Mawgan, Cornwall TR12 6BB.
Right to be forgotten
You can also ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if, for example, you don't want us to send you any emails (known as the ‘right to erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that there may be legal or other official reason why we may need to keep or use your information for certain limited purpose.
If you would like to exercise your right to be 'forgotten' and for Hootvox to stop using and to delete your personal information, then please click the opt out/unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the emails you've receive from us, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Grunjy Coth, Gilly Gabben, Mawgan, Cornwall TR12 6BB.
How to complain
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information by contacting us on email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find out how to report a concern at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Hootvox Limited takes data protection very seriously all data is anonymised and email addresses are encrypted to ensure safety for our partners and their clients. All information is securely held and we only hold information that is essential to our business. We do not hold credit card details or any financial information.
Hootvox Limited, Company Number 9234975